For the Wounded
OneFamily provides a comprehensive structure of assistance for wounded victims
| Back to all articles
OneFamily provides a comprehensive structure of assistance for wounded victims that includes the following elements:
- Introducing the organization to the victim and his or her family.
- Mapping the background and needs of the victim and family members.
- Providing basic needs to the victim and family members.
- Financial assistance for urgent primary needs (transportation, child care, food), for stabilizing the family's finances, and for tuition and related costs.
- Establishing a connection with social workers and community aid professionals involved in assisting the victim.
- Providing legal counsel to help victims access their entitlements and deal with other legal and debt-related needs.
- Encouraging the victim through organizational activities such as support groups, therapy workshops and healing retreats.
- Mentoring or tutoring children through volunteer assistance and presence.
- Ensuring medical assistance by liaising with medical and therapeutic professionals, and assisting with the purchase of therapeutic or accessibility equipment.
- The constant presence of OneFamily's case worker to handle emerging needs.